We use key metrics to measure and monitor our performance and progress managing sustainability risks. This data is presented by year or by country and easily downloaded as XLS or PDF spreadsheets.
Performance by Country
|Energy Use (trillion BTUs)|
|Greenhouse Gases (thousand tonnes)|
|CO2 from Operations||5,000||3,300||2,100||4,200||2,900||17,500|
|CO2 from Imported Electricity||600||500||0||0||0||1,100|
|Methane (CO2 equivalent)||1,400||0||100||0||100||1,600|
|Nitrous Oxide (CO2 equivalent)||0||0||0||0||0||100|
|Total Greenhouse Gases||7,000||3,800||2,200||4,200||3,000||20,300|
|Greenhouse Gas Intensity (tonnes/MMBOE)||29,154||63,479||19,527||37,354||42,297||33,844|
|Flaring (million cubic feet, routine and non-routine)||13,300||100||1,900||4,900||1,200||21,400|
|Other Air Emissions (tonnes)|
|Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)||61,800||400||4,100||1,700||600||68,600|
|Nitrogen Oxides (NOx)||23,300||1,100||5,000||4,600||1,000||35,000|
|Sulfur Oxides (SOx)||4,000||400||100||100||200||4,800|
|Particulate Matter (PM)||900||100||100||200||100||1,400|
|Water (thousand cubic meters)|
|Non-freshwater Withdrawn 4||15,100||1,600||32,500||0||0||49,200|
|Produced Water Recycle/Reuse 5||56,700||22,200||0||0||0||78,900|
|Hydrocarbons in Overboard Discharges (Tonnes)||0||0||200||0||0||200|
|Liquid Hydrocarbon Spills|
|Spills ≥ Barrels||4||1||0||0||0||5|
|Volume from Spills ≥ 100 Barrels (barrels)||700||200||0||0||0||900|
|Spills ≥ 1 Barrel||83||7||0||0||1||91|
|Volume of Spills ≥ 1 Barrel (barrels)||1,100||400||0||0||0||1,500|
|Volume Recovered from Spills ≥ 1 Barrel (barrels)||700||100||0||0||0||800|
|Total Operated Production (MMBOE) 6||240||60||120||110||70||600|
- HSE data is based on assets where we have operational control. Environmental data is represented as 100% ownership interest regardless of actual share owned by ConocoPhillips with acquisitions and divestitures reflected using the effective date of the transaction.
- To provide the most current and accurate data available, we have updated previously reported data for prior years as needed.
- All Others includes Indonesia, Malaysia and Colombia.
- Includes water withdrawn from saline/brackish groundwater aquifers and seawater.
- Includes produced water recycled for production (e.g., steam generation) or completions (e.g., hydraulic fracturing) and produced water reused for enhanced oil recovery.
- Data is normalized using barrels of oil equivalent (BOE) from production operations, including gas plant liquid production of ethane, propane, butane and condensate and LNG production from third-party gas not accounted for in production operations. For gas production, 6,000 standard cubic feet of gas is assumed to equal one BOE.
REFERENCE: UNITS OF MEASURE
MBD - Thousands of Barrels per Day
MBOED - Thousands of Barrels of Oil Equivalent per Day
MMCFD - Millions of cubic feet per day. Represents quantities available for sale and excludes gas equivalent of natural gas liquids.
MMBTU - Millions of British Thermal Units