Performance by Country
|Energy Use (trillion BTUs)|
|Greenhouse Gases (thousand tonnes)|
|CO2 from Operations||5,000||3,300||2,100||4,200||2,900||17,500|
|CO2 from Imported Electricity||600||500||0||0||0||1,100|
|Methane (CO2 equivalent)||1,400||0||100||0||100||1,600|
|Nitrous Oxide (CO2 equivalent)||0||0||0||0||0||100|
|Total Greenhouse Gases||7,000||3,800||2,200||4,200||3,000||20,300|
|Greenhouse Gas Intensity (tonnes/MMBOE)||29,154||63,479||19,527||37,354||42,297||33,844|
|Flaring (million cubic feet, routine and non-routine)||13,300||100||1,900||4,900||1,200||21,400|
|Other Air Emissions (tonnes)|
|Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)||61,800||400||4,100||1,700||600||68,600|
|Nitrogen Oxides (NOx)||23,300||1,100||5,000||4,600||1,000||35,000|
|Sulfur Oxides (SOx)||4,000||400||100||100||200||4,800|
|Particulate Matter (PM)||900||100||100||200||100||1,400|
|Water (thousand cubic meters)|
|Non-freshwater Withdrawn 4||15,100||1,600||32,500||0||0||49,200|
|Produced Water Recycle/Reuse 5||56,700||22,200||0||0||0||78,900|
|Hydrocarbons in Overboard Discharges (Tonnes)||0||0||200||0||0||200|
|Liquid Hydrocarbon Spills|
|Spills ≥ Barrels||4||1||0||0||0||5|
|Volume from Spills ≥ 100 Barrels (barrels)||700||200||0||0||0||900|
|Spills ≥ 1 Barrel||83||7||0||0||1||91|
|Volume of Spills ≥ 1 Barrel (barrels)||1,100||400||0||0||0||1,500|
|Volume Recovered from Spills ≥ 1 Barrel (barrels)||700||100||0||0||0||800|
|Total Operated Production (MMBOE) 6||240||60||120||110||70||600|
- HSE data is based on assets where we have operational control. Environmental data is represented as 100% ownership interest regardless of actual share owned by ConocoPhillips with acquisitions and divestitures reflected using the effective date of the transaction.
- To provide the most current and accurate data available, we have updated previously reported data for prior years as needed.
- All Others includes Indonesia, Malaysia and Colombia.
- Includes water withdrawn from saline/brackish groundwater aquifers and seawater.
- Includes produced water recycled for production (e.g., steam generation) or completions (e.g., hydraulic fracturing) and produced water reused for enhanced oil recovery.
- Data is normalized using barrels of oil equivalent (BOE) from production operations, including gas plant liquid production of ethane, propane, butane and condensate and LNG production from third-party gas not accounted for in production operations. For gas production, 6,000 standard cubic feet of gas is assumed to equal one BOE.
REFERENCE: UNITS OF MEASURE
MBD - Thousands of Barrels per Day
MBOED - Thousands of Barrels of Oil Equivalent per Day
MMCFD - Millions of cubic feet per day. Represents quantities available for sale and excludes gas equivalent of natural gas liquids.
MMBTU - Millions of British Thermal Units