Our Perspective on Future Energy
As an oil and gas exploration and production company, we face both challenges and opportunities as we provide affordable, reliable energy to the growing global population while also taking appropriate action on climate change issues.
Our approach to reporting has several facets, which include:
- A clear statement of our position and policy principles on climate change.
- A description of our governance structure for climate change-related issues.
- A description of potential climate change risks, how we manage those risks, and our use of a scenario planning process to test our future strategies against these risks.
- A description of our climate change strategy, including action plans and results and our emission reduction projects.
- Our performance on a number of climate-related metrics.
- A description of our engagement in dialogues and partnerships with diverse stakeholders on climate change issues.
We continue to update the information in our report about climate-related risks based on advice and feedback from our stakeholders. Information about our recent performance and engagement can be found in our annual Sustainability Report.