Health, Safety & Environment Policy
ConocoPhillips is committed to protecting the health and safety of everybody who plays a part in our operations, lives in the communities in which we operate or uses our products. Wherever we operate, we will conduct our business with respect and care for both the local and global environment and systematically manage risks to drive sustainable business growth. We will not be satisfied until we succeed in eliminating all injuries, occupational illnesses, unsafe practices and incidents of environmental harm from our activities.
To meet our commitment, ConocoPhillips will:
- Demonstrate visible and active leadership that engages employees and services providers, and manage health, safety and environmental (HSE) performance as a line responsibility with clear authorities and accountabilities.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors understand that working safely is a condition of employment, and that they are each responsible for their own safety and the safety of those around them.
- Maintain “stop work” policies that establish the responsibility and authority for all employees and contractors to stop work they believe to be unsafe.
- Manage all projects, products and processes through their life cycles in a way that protects safety and health and minimizes impacts on the environment.
- Provide employees with the capabilities, knowledge and resources necessary to instill personal ownership and motivation to achieve HSE excellence.
- Provide relevant safety and health information to contractors and require them to provide proper training for the safe, environmentally sound performance of their work.
- Measure, audit and publicly report HSE performance and maintain open dialogue with stakeholder groups and with communities where we operate.
- Comply with applicable regulations and laws.
- Work with both governments and stakeholders where we operate to develop regulations and standards that improve the safety and health of people and the environment.
- Maintain a secure work environment to protect ourselves, our contractors and the Company’s assets from risks of injury, property loss or damage resulting from hostile acts.
- Communicate our commitment to this policy to our subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors and governments worldwide and seek their support.
Through implementation of this policy, ConocoPhillips seeks to earn the public’s trust and to be recognized as the leader in HSE performance.