Performance by Year
|Energy Use (trillion BTUs)|
|Greenhouse Gases (thousand tonnes)|
|CO2 from Operations||17,500||17,400||19,600||18,600||19,500|
|CO2 from Imported Electricity||1,100||1,200||1,500||1,300||1,400|
|Methane (CO2 equivalent)||1,600||1,900||5,300||6,100||6,700|
|Nitrous Oxide (CO2 equivalent)||100||100||100||100||100|
|Total Greenhouse Gases||20,300||20,600||26,500||26,100||27,700|
|Greenhouse Gas Intensity (tonnes/MMBOE)||33,843||34,558||40,928||37,756||35,440|
|Flaring (million cubic feet, routine and non-routine)||21,400||17,500||23,200||26,200||29,200|
|Other Air Emissions (tonnes)|
|Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)||68,500||62,200||92,500||97,900||87,600|
|Nitrogen Oxides (NOx)||35,000||33,100||56,300||88,500||100,500|
|Sulfur Oxides (SOx)||4,800||4,200||7,300||7,100||8,500|
|Particulate Matter (PM)||1,400||1,200||1,300||1,600||2,000|
|Water (thousand cubic meters)|
|Non-freshwater Withdrawn 3||49,200||47,100||42,800||50,100||n/a|
|Produced Water Recycle/Reuse 4||78,900||81,100||73,500||78,700||n/a|
|Hydrocarbons in Overboard Discharges (tonnes)||185||215||265||300||360|
|Spills ≥ 100 Barrels||5||2||3||8||3|
|Volume from Spills ≥ 100 Barrels (barrels)||900||600||2,600||1,300||900|
|Spills ≥ 1 Barrel||91||74||75||149||258|
|Volume of Spills ≥ 1 Barrel (barrels)||1,500||1,500||3,400||3,000||3,300|
|Volume Recovered from Spills ≥ 1 Barrel (barrels)||800||400||400||1,100||1,800|
|Payments to Vendors and Suppliers ($ billion) 5||8.4||7.4||9.3||17.1||26.0|
|Shareholder Dividends ($ billion)||1.4||1.3||1.3||3.7||3.5|
|Capital Investments ($ billion)||6.8||4.6||4.9||10.1||17.1|
|Charitable Investments ($ million)||33.7||36.7||34.8||44.0||50.0|
|Safety (rate per 200,000 hours worked)|
|Workforce Fatalities (number)||0||0||0||0||0|
|Workforce Total Recordable Rate||0.16||0.16||0.18||0.20||0.28|
|Workforce Lost Workday Rate||0.05||0.04||0.05||0.05||0.04|
|Employee Total Recordable Rate||0.06||0.06||0.09||0.09||0.11|
|Employee Lost Workday Rate||0.03||0.02||0.04||0.03||0.02|
|Contractor Total Recordable Rate||0.19||0.22||0.23||0.24||0.34|
|Contractor Lost Workday Rate||0.06||0.05||0.06||0.06||0.04|
|Employees at Year-End||10,800||11,400||13,300||15,900||19,100|
|Employees - Women||26%||26%||27%||27%||28%|
|Top Leadership - Women||19%||17%||17%||14%||20%|
|Leadership - Women||22%||21%||21%||20%||20%|
|Junior Leadership - Women||23%||22%||21%||21%||22%|
|Professional - Women||27%||27%||28%||27%||28%|
|Non-U.S. Top Leadership||35%||31%||24%||24%||18%|
|Non-U.S. Junior Leadership||57%||53%||55%||57%||53%|
|Additional Workforce Statistics (U.S.)|
|Employees - Minorities||24%||24%||23%||24%||24%|
|Top Leadership - Minorities||12%||11%||10%||8%||7%|
|Leadership - Minorities||18%||17%||16%||16%||16%|
|Junior Leadership - Minorities||20%||19%||18%||18%||19%|
|Professional - Minorities||23%||23%||22%||23%||23%|
|EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION|
|Average Daily Net Production7|
|Crude Oil (MBD)||653||599||598||605||595|
|Natural Gas (MMCFD)||2,774||3,270||3,857||4,060||3,943|
|Total Operated Production (MMBOE) 8||600||595||647||692||780|
|Total Proved Reserves at Year-End (billion BOE)||5||5||6||8||9|
- HSE data is based on assets where we have operational control. Environmental data is represented as 100% ownership interest regardless of actual share owned by ConocoPhillips with acquisitions and divestitures reflected using the effective date of the transaction.
- To provide the most current and accurate data available, we have updated previously reported data for prior years as needed.
- Includes water withdrawn from saline/brackish groundwater aquifers and seawater.
- Includes produced water recycled for production (e.g., steam generation) or completions (e.g., hydraulic fracturing) and produced water reused for enhanced oil recovery.
- Payments to vendors and suppliers is an estimate based on Production and Operating Expenses and Capital Program. This reflects a methodology change versus the 2014 Sustainable Development report.
- As of December 31.
- Production data is average daily net production from continuing operations.
- Data is normalized using barrels of oil equivalent (BOE) from production operations, including gas plant liquid production of ethane, propane, butane and condensate and LNG production from third-party gas not accounted for in production operations. For gas production, 6,000 standard cubic feet of gas is assumed to equal one BOE.
REFERENCE: UNITS OF MEASURE
MBD - Thousands of Barrels per Day
MBOED - Thousands of Barrels of Oil Equivalent per Day
MMCFD - Millions of cubic feet per day. Represents quantities available for sale and excludes gas equivalent of natural gas liquids.
MMBTU - Millions of British Thermal Units