Although security risks can never be fully eliminated, we believe they can be effectively managed. We have taken comprehensive steps and invested heavily to address potential threats to our operations around the world. Through systematic security processes, we continuously monitor and assess the security environment, our compliance globally with security regulations, and company security policies. To provide for the safety and security of our personnel and operations worldwide we implement a wide variety of security measures.
As an operator of critical infrastructure and facilities in challenging locations worldwide, we work closely with governmental agencies, nongovernmental organizations, our peers and local communities on initiatives to identify, deter, prevent and mitigate a range of potential threats to company personnel, facilities and operations. Our facilities are compliant with national and international security regulations including the:
- Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism standards
- Maritime Transportation Security Act
- Hazmat Transportation Security requirements
- International Ship and Port Facility Security Code
- U.S. Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism standards
- Maritime Transport and Facilities Security Regulations (Australia)
- All other applicable governmental security requirements
We maintain a “Tier 3” status in the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism program by demonstrating effective security that exceeds the minimum program criteria. Our program ensures categories of company procedures intended to maintain the integrity and security of the international supply chain. This effort is conducted through our partnership with U.S. Customs and Border Protection who assess the overall effectiveness of our security processes.