In alignment with our purpose to “use our pioneering spirit to responsibly deliver energy to the world,” and consistent with our positions on sustainable development and climate change, ConocoPhillips is evaluating and developing technologies for renewable energy. We are leveraging our expertise, intellectual property and physical assets in pursuit of economically viable, renewable energy business opportunities. Our Commitments...
- We plan to continue to develop technology options with the potential to enable renewable energy and, in particular, renewable fuels.
- Investments in technology development will be disciplined and commensurate with the likely returns, market size, timing of development and technology risk inherent in renewable energy projects.
- Business Leveraged. Renewable energy opportunities that complement our existing processes will be prioritized.
- Competency and Asset Leveraged. We plan to focus our efforts on renewable fuels and other technologies that directly leverage our experience in hydrocarbon chemistry and processing.
- Ongoing Awareness. We plan to continue to evaluate renewable energy technologies to proactively identify new opportunities. We have invented and own rights to renewable technologies, and we also understand the economic drivers, strengths and weaknesses of the alternative technologies available.
- Sustainable Solutions. We remain open to developing renewable energy as a component of our portfolio of energy offerings, as and when these technologies can be deployed in a sustainable manner for our stakeholders.
Our work will assist in the development of viable, sustainable and environmentally responsible energy for existing and future customers.